BIOMEMBRANE SEWER TREATMENT
We have set up a Biomembrane Sewer Treatment Plant in our La Ventana del Mar development to be able to use the recycled water for irrigation, thereby saving our precious water supply.
The plant can be described easily in five different processes;
- Pumping, we pump the sewer for (from) three pump stations or lift stations located in La Ventana del Mar.
- Separation of solids, in the entrance of the plant as we receive the sewage, it passes through a screening unit. This machine is designed to provide a filtration of water born solids and can remove all materials greater than 6mm diameter.
- Oxidation The filtered water is then passed to holding tanks where it is treated with air or oxidation through a mixing process; this is to prepare the water for the next step, the membrane filtration.
- Membrane Filtration This is the most important step in the process as the water is passed through microscopic membranes which eliminate bacteria and viruses and all other residual contamination.
- UV process, the water passed from the membranes is pumped though UV filters, this process eliminates pathogen contaminants in the water and enable it to be used for irrigation.
This is yet another way we are trying to be environmentally responsible and trying to conserve our water supply.